Monday 27 August 2007

The Purple Zone

Why The Purple Zone? Because purple has always been my favourite colour. All shades of purple, lilac, lavender, etc. It was one of those things you just don't notice, one day you wake up and realise half your wardrobe is a shade of purple. I used to be very anti-pink, I don't know why, but that changed when I had a daughter. We very strangely end up wearing pink at the same time - no we don't plan it. Pink is her favourite colour but I still favour Purple given the choice.

Also, my husband introduced me to Prince (the music, not the man) and the Purple theme has dominated my life ever since.

We went to one of his recent concerts in London at the 02 Arena (formerly the Millenium Dome). It was amazing, we had 2nd row seats which were fabulous but would have been even better if the stage hadn't been 2ft above my head.

I know, you're not supposed to take photos. This was taken with a phone camera so the quality is not great (you wouldn't know that is Prince and Maceo unless I told you). The guy in front of us had a proper camera and took loads of photos, occasionally they told him to stop but security didn't really seem to care and no one took his camera away.
I would have loved to have the Stamp Addicts uniform in Purple but not everyone loves or looks good in Purple so we went with blue.
Anyhoo I can be as Purple as I like on here so if you don't like Purple you have been warned.

1 comment:

Rainbow Lady said...

Hello and welcome to blogland from me way up in Inverness.

I LOVE purple, so much that I was married in it!!! many years ago before colours were popular.

Love your blog keep up the good work.
Just got some Mardi Gras stamps from you so looking forward to seeing the show again.
Love Cynthia xx

Here is mine if you get chance to look, lots of purple in it.

http://rainbowladyscraftyblog.blogspot.com/