Tuesday 4 September 2012

Balloon Flight

We did it, we went up in a hot air balloon.  This is something I have been wanting to do for years and it was so worth the wait.  We were lucky in that this was only our third attempt at a flight, previous ones having been cancelled because of bad weather.  Other people on our flight had tried 9 times in 2 years!

You cannot imagine how peaceful and calm it is up there.  I thought it might have been a little bumpy but I was soooo wrong.  If you closed your eyes you would not know you were moving.  I think the only thing that would stop you enjoying it would be if you were afraid of heights.

We travelled about 10 miles in an hour, mainly over fields and farms but for the last part of the journey we went over a little town and it was amazing how many people came out to see us, take photos, wave and even jump in their cars and follow us until we landed.

Our original take off point was supposed to be Knebworth but unfortunately they had an event so we had to move to a different location.  It would have coincided nicely with my wedding anniversary, 14 years this month and we got married at Knebworth.

In this photo we are all doing the Mo-bot!

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Looks like a fabulous time was had by all.

I was lucky enough to do a balloon flight for my 50th birthday and loved it too - so peaceful

Kathyk