Monday 28 July 2008

Did you visit Artstamps Newbury

If you came to the show this weekend, what did you think? Now it is no longer just a rubber stamp show there should be more variety of product but as we were working we didn't get to see many other stands at the show so I don't know if this is the case.

We were hosting make & takes for the first time (this was a trial run for the NEC) and I think it went well, everyone seemed happy with what they made and I believe most people learnt something from all the different techniques used to make the ATCs. Did you make an ATC with us? Did you enjoy the make & take or can you learn more by watching lots of different techniques?

We enjoyed the show, we've not been for the last couple of years and for the first time we were upstairs which did have a nice and airy feel, certainly with more light and more room - apart from on our stand! The only downside was having to use the lifts to get all our gear in and out of the building but there is always something that slows us down - usually me not wanting to rush and knacker myself out before I have to drive us home.

My new SatNav did a great job of getting us there but on the journey home she wanted to take us on a different route that would have involved the M25 and the M1 - no thank you. We persevered straight on the A34 until she caught up with us and then she brought us home the same route that we used on the way there, apart from a minor 10 mile diversion around a closed bridge.

Our next show is Stamperama Stevenage next weekend. Tomorrow we are receiving our first delivery of 'Stamps by Judith' ready for Stevenage, Julie will be demonstrating some of these at the show so please come and see what you can create with them.

I'm off to bed know as I am still exhausted from the weekend. Apologies if you tried calling us today as I left the answer machine on all day, I answered calls when I could but Vicky has this week off so it was only Martin and I working today, ably assisted by young Annabel. I also left work early so we could go food shopping - I returned from Newbury to an empty fridge.
Full service will resume tomorrow.

No comments: