Wednesday 18 March 2009

NEC

Well, now the NEC is over I have a few minutes to reflect on how the show went.
Attendance at the show, both exhibitors and visitors, was down a bit but I don't know by how much.  Consequently it wasn't the normal crush and unpleasant experience it had previously become.  There was room to move around and look at everything.  Nobody seemed to be pushing or shoving through the crowds making it a much nicer experience for everybody.

What did you think of the show?

If you have never visited Hobbycrafts at the NEC before I would suggest you make your first visit on a Friday as this is the quietest day out of the four.  If at all possible avoid the Saturday as it is the busiest day of the show.

There are usually plenty of bargains to be had at the show, we try and have several show offers to encourage you to part with your hard earned pennies.

We will be at the Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in Harrogate next week with a few more show specials to tempt you with.

But before that we have a brand new show on Create & Craft Saturday at 11am - Patera.
This show is about making jewellery, very easily.  It is only 30 mins long so make sure you don't miss it.

I'll post up some photos of the jewellery over the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the NEC both Friday and Saturday, I'd never been to the one held in March before. I agree with you that there seemed to be fewer people-it was less manic than in November, great for ease of getting to see things, maybe not so good for business.
I browsed and "spent" alone on Friday and returned with my daughter for free on Saturday. We were able to watch more demonstrations on the Saturday.
I love the Stamps by Judith sticks and stubbies, so easy to use even for a beginner like me.

Nannieflash said...

I was rather glad it wasnt as crowded as it was just before Xmas, it was a much more pleasant experience. I loved your stand and spent quite a bit of money with you. Im looking forward to your new show on Saturday. Keep coming with these gorgeous things. love Shirleyx