Thursday 4 November 2010

Lesley's Thursday

I knew it wouldn't get too far into this blogging session without introducing the colour turquoise. It's my favourite go to colour whatever the season. I keep trying to wean myself off it to no avail. I particularly like it partnered with greed and red. If you haven't used this combo before give it a whirl. By the way I'd love to know what your favourite colour combinations are.This first snowman is so cute, all muffled up against the cold. He has been coloured with alcohol-based markers and then layered onto white, turquoise and red card all using a spellbinders die set. I do like to use these die cut shapes for layering, it makes the finished card more interesting.
A similar colour combination was used for this next card. The snowman's body was cut using punches. My most used crafting tools are 2.5" and 3" scallop circle punches. They are always on my crafting table. I just find them a bit quicker to use compared to getting out the cuttlebug mats, dies, etc. By the way the Snowman's gloves have been attached using twisted copper wire. Everything was coloured with Tombow brush markers.
This last card will please Sarah as purple is her favourite colour. A giant winter moon was punched from glitter paper and laid over a purple base card. The snow hill was hand cut and the snowman layered over the top with foam pads.

Join me tomorrow when I'll show you how you can turn the Printworks Wheelbarrow that you've been harbouing in your craft drawer all summer into something Christmassy.

No comments: