Wednesday 7 July 2010

My Retreat Apron

Obviously my apron had to be purple . . . . . We did have the advantage over the retreat attendees in that we had a week or two to prepare our aprons, so I was able to dye mine purple before I started stamping.
I stamped my name with some Heidi Swapp sponge letters in black ink but then coloured over the top with a Tulip paint. For the hearts and stars, again these were Heidi Swapp sponge stamps but then I coloured them with the Marvy Glitter pens which are designed for fabric. The Daisy I coloured with a Giotto metallic fabric marker and what you can't see on the pockets is where I stamped with the DeNami large dotted swirl stamp and then again went over with Tulip paints to create texture.
I went for the Adult Apron whereas Vicky chose the Youth Apron, both available to buy on our website - in their undecorated state.

No comments: