Friday 11 November 2011

Friendship Snowman

I hope you're enjoying snowman week here on The Purple Zone, I'd love to hear your comments on which is your favourite snowman.
Today I'll be showing you two quite different cards using the same wood mounted stamp Friendship Snowman (F4080)
The first one uses just the head with the words cut off and I've used the Huge Heart sentiment again instead. The plaid background was created with Promarkers on a piece of kraft card. The die cuts are a Nellie Snellen design.
Colours used: crimson, ruby, coral, cool grey 2 & blender, tea rose (flexmarker), pear green, tea green, ruby.
I decided to try adding a body to this cute little snowman head, so I cut one out using a 3 1/2" circle punch and added some colour around the edge to match the head. The buttons are white pearls coloured with a Pearl Promarker.
Colours used: Promarkers; cool grey 2 & blender, coral. Flexmarkers; tea rose, watermelon, cadet blue, celestial blue, aniseed, pale citrus.
Here's another placecard made with some leftover scraps. You could colour his scarf in the person's team colours.

2 comments:

Craftnut said...

I have enjoyed them all this week, but then i do like Snowmen! keep the inspiration coming Lesley. Tracy xx

Anonymous said...

Lesley your cards are fantastic! Think you should keep up the blogging! Your ideas are brilliant and make really nice christmas ideas for all my family and friends. Look forward to seeing a lot more of your stuff on here. Jean x