Sunday 13 November 2011

Lesley's Top Tips

Well that's the end of my snowman showcase, I hope I've given you a few ideas for your Christmas cards. Before I go I just wanted to share a few tips with you and leave you with a closer look at the gift tags you may have seen in our sneaky peak photo earlier in the week.

Top Tips
  • Use thin white card with fancy border punches. Colour with the chisel end of your Promarkers to match the rest of your card.
  • To disguise uneven edges on you card layers (when you trimmer has been misbehaving!) edge with Stickles glitter glue. The wiggly line this creates will disguise any mistakes. Crystal is my favourite 'colour' as it goes with any colour theme.
  • Have you tried using your Promarker pens on kraft coloured card? The colours will be slightly muted. Add highlights with a white gell pen or white Polycolor pencil.
  • Every cardmaker should own an ultra-fine Millenium pen! It's invaluable for filling in mis-stamped areas and for creating faux stitching, wavy lines etc.
  • Often a great card idea just doesn't work out the way you hoped it would. One reason for this could be your colour choices. The use of too many colours can make your work look too busy. For a clean, harmonious look just choose a couple of colours (plus their corresponding tints/shades if you like) for your main image and complement with card layers in matching colours.
  • The Sakura gelly roll pen in clear star is another must have for Christmas crafting. It's silvery colour adds just a hint of sparkle if you don't like too much bling. I used it on the snowman cards in dots and lines, but I also smudged it onto areas e.g. Rosebud's wings, for a softer look.



1 comment:

Lizzie Barbie said...

I like purple, so I'm following you, hoping this will be a very purple blog.

http://evescrochet.blogspot.com/